Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Q&A with Roger Ebert

Q: A problem with the current generation of students is that their only theater experience is tentpole movies viewed with a pack of friends. Everything else is viewed on a laptop or iPod. They don't even watch TV, except on their computers. - Prof. Nate Kohn, University of Georgia, Athens
A: I despair. I grieve. I utter wild goat cries at the moon. They are denying themselves proper access to an art form that could enlarge and deepen them. I get many e-mails and blog comments from college and high school students, even some who are younger, who do care about movies and take them seriously. Many even read a lot of books, a subject I don't even want to get you started on. That's cause for hope. But it attention deficit syndrome spreading through our society like a deadly virus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.