Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And Furthermore

I'm looking forward to re-watching The Twilight Samurai. I really
liked the character of Kayo in Love and Honor - and I find myself
wondering how much of that is because I've met Huong. I find that in
the past I was reasonably boorish in regards to how I viewed people's
actions. Essentially I wouldn't always see the reason they did
something, just that they did it. So in the film Kayo dutifully
served her husband at home - but what I noticed wasn't that she was
doing it entirely because she cared for him.

Also, when Mimura yells at his aunt to not disparage his wife - to me
it's because he respects his wife and no matter what, will not allow
others to say ill of her - even if there is just cause. In the past I
don't know what I would have interpreted his actions to mean, but now
I think I recognize them.

Hmm.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Weird typo. I originally put -
    "but what I noticed wasn't that she was doing it entirely because she cared for him."

    What I meant was - She did things not out of a sense of duty - but because she DID care for him.

    my typo basically says it backwards. oops.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.