
Just a quick note to let people know I'm on my way to the airport to pick up Cory McAbee and his latest film: STINGRAY SAM - which he's bringing with him as carry-on luggage. Last night his film premiered in San Francisco, and he's got a bunch of other international destinations yet to hit. We feel blessed to get him on the early part of the launch!
I saw STINGRAY SAM at the last Sundance Film Festival and out of thirty or so films screened there it was definitely one of my favorites. Cory had just finished it with only a few days to go before the festival started and it's a testimony to his creativity that Sundance would make it part of their festival line-up without having a chance to pre-screen it.
What I saw at Sundance was a digital projection. What YOU will see tonight is on 35mm film! They transferred it just days ago...
To add to the magic we're making it a double-feature and adding a VIRGIN film print of AMERICAN ASTRONAUT.
That's all happening tonight at 7pm in Muenzinger.
See you there!
very nice
ReplyDelete