Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Welcome Back!


Welcome back to a great new semester of films with IFS. This looks to be a great season with new and old, funny and tragic, horrifying and heartbreaking all coming together on the silver screen. I am especially looking forward to seeing some of my favorites in new 35mm prints. The outrageous BRAZIL, classic french BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and my personal favorite BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID will all be great to see on the big screen. But of course, IFS is all about seeing movies you've never seen before. I can't wait to see HAPPY-GO-LUCKY, FEAR(S) OF THE DARK, and director Francoise Truffaut in WILD CHILD. So what are you looking forward to most? Is the Apocalypse theme right up your alley? Let us know what you think of our new season at IFS by posting a comment (just hit the comment button right below this post). Thanks for all your support and I hope you are just as excited about these films as we are!

2 comments:

  1. I believe the phrase "capital tits" would best describe this semester's schedule. I'm going to have trouble studying with all these great movies I'm going to have to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say enough about how much I love this semester's schedule. I'll be going to MANY of these showings. And I'm so glad to see a mix of genre and age of the films, too--for the last couple semester's it's seemed really slanted toward new documentaries, many of which don't capture my interest (MAN ON WIRE being the notable exception). The increase in variety has pretty much ensured that there are two or three things I want to watch every week.

    (And the apocalypse theme is the best thing since milkshakes. A fantastic excuse to include a ton of movies I love or am deeply ashamed of never having seen before.)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.