Thursday, November 6, 2008

Gregory's Reviews

I had to talk about "Last Year at... " I've seen some wierd stuff and this is in the top shelf. I saw it as an Existential meditation on the breakdown of time and tonality. The only character that was alive was the camera. It's a comedy! And how about those sparkling earings? What cinamatography throughout. And I want to know who choreographed the match stick games?... Roman was Great! Poor guy, certainly not a child molester but he was short! Joel once showed Knife In The Water and the Thin and Fat one. They were quite beautiful as is all his films. I remember Repulsion a couple of years ago, Great! Jack and Jake, " Where'd you get the midget?" "You're a pretty nosey fella eh? You know what with do with em? We CUT off their noses."
Looking foreward to Contempt and Planet,

You Bloody Baboon!
gregory

2 comments:

  1. Gregory is a great customer of IFS and it is always great to hear from anyone who enjoys our films. If you have any thoughts please send them our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cinematography in MARIENBAD is sublime, or maybe I should say haunting (Kubrick references this film in THE SHINING with the whole garden maze business).

    I'm excited to see PLANET OF THE APES on the big screen - it's a CinemaScope print, and that opening shot (Lake Powell!) really uses the landscape.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.