Greetings,
Staff is currently putting the finishing touches on the Fall 08 IFS calendar, website, and this - our new feature - the IFS BLOG. Why a blog? Because we want to create a forum for local cinema lovers, one that we hope will expand celluloid appreciation. Also: in the past we've avoided showing films on the same day as football games because parking is a nightmare. I used to resent football and admit to never having cared for sports in general (probably from being beat up by jocks throughout my childhood). Believe me, I tried. But watching strangers toss a ball back and forth doesn't compare, for me, against the humanistic struggles and dramas that cinema can convey. But I admire the discipline of the sports fan. They pay a small fortune, devote an entire day to their thing, park miles away, take a bus in, wait in long lines, baste in the sun, and show a ton of dedication. Why should film geeks be any different? I decided to put on free shows on those days to reward the dedication of film geeks everywhere who are willing to eschew their cars for a day to bike or walk to campus to see a quality film. Will you take my challenge? If so - I'll consider making it a regular event.
Pablo Kjolseth
IFS Director
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.