
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” No, I’m not talking about Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I really love most everything about the Yuletide, but what I look forward to even more is the release of the IFS schedule every August. On the eve of the schedule’s release I’m like a kid anxiously waiting, continually looking up the chimney, thinking “how can PK fit all those movies in, it seems impossible.” But the reason I love it so much is because I’ve been deprived of quality arthouse film for far too long, 4 months to be exact. That’s too much time for a cinephile to go without seeing arthouse films on the big screen, and most importantly in 35mm. And what’s really great about this semester is this schedule is by far one of the best in years. The reason you ask, well, I’m a French New Wave fiend and I’m so happy that PK was able to program not 1, not 2, not just 3, but 4, count ‘em, 4 of the greatest films from the iconic film movement.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.