Sunday, February 6, 2011

MAN FROM LONDON update for tonight (2.6.11)


Due to extremely bad weather conditions, the 35mm print bound for IFS has gotten stuck on a UPS truck somewhere between here and Ohio. What we are left with for tonight is a back-up DVD that was overnighted to us by the distributor. Our digital projection system is pretty good, but the whole purpose of Sunday night programming is to see beautiful black and white movies on film, so what I would encourage IFS customers who wanted to see THE MAN FROM LONDON to do is wait until tomorrow (Monday) when we'll know by 3pm whether the 35mm print *finally* makes it to the office. If it does, we'll screen it Monday night at 7pm in Muenzinger. Look for updates here on the IFS blog on IFS website.

THE MAN FROM LONDON is still not otherwise available in the U.S., so if tonight is the only night you can catch it - the show will go on.

2 comments:

  1. Suppose the 35mm print doesn't make it... Will you run the DVD again Monday? I definitely want to see the 35mm print first and foremost, but if there's a chance I won't get any other chance to see the movie, I'll be there tonight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if the 35mm print does NOT make it in tomorrow, we'll repeat the digital projection of THE MAN FROM LONDON so as to ensure folks get to see it, one way or another. Your best bet is to wait until tomorrow, when I think we've got a pretty good chance of getting the film.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.